Monday, August 27, 2007

Ideas?

Hi all,

I'm in Texas! They actually have a really, really great recycling program here in Houston. There is recycling for paper, plastic, styrofoam, electronics (!) and glass. But! Here I am in a residence where recycling isn't happening. I'd like it to be happening.

I'm not, though, sure of how to start that up. Who do you talk to to figure out what the barriers are? Likely there are reasons it isn't happening already, so how do I figure that out? You're all initiative takers, here. Advice? Clearly I'm only here for 4 months and so I can't change things alone. . . but it should start to happen somewhere! There is no 'environment club' and the environmental studies program is floundering. Where to start?

Have fun at your eco-village Sarsies, and good job [aside from potential molding] with the pickles! Yay!

Best from the state of high heels and recycling potential,

Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment